Because of its simple interface, Etsy is well-liked among craftspeople. It’s quite easy to set up an Etsy shop, as opposed to building and maintaining your own web site. You can communicate with literally millions of clients worldwide in a matter of minutes, freeing up more time for you to devote to honing your trade. These Etsy statistics will help you get the most out of your online shopping if you’re an artist or craftsperson trying to sell your goods online.
Lets see which are the stats what show us the Etsy potential as marketplace.
Are you ready for some user stats that will blow your mind? Hold on to your seats:
- Official figures from Q4 and the entire year of 2021 indicate that there were 96.3 million active customers on Etsy.
- In 2020, there were 38 million new purchasers, tripling the amount from the previous year.
- Despite representing only 16% of total sales in 2020, new users made up 46.91% of the Etsy user population.
- A threefold rise from the year before, there were 38 million new Etsy customers in 2020.
- In 2020, Etsy had an increase of over 61 million new and returning users.
We think we made our case here.
2. Shop Stats
Etsy as store pontential lands on:
- On Etsy, conversion rates typically range from 1% to 3%.
- Between April and June 2022, Etsy received an average of 377.4 million visitors. The bounce rate was 45.78%. In April, 385.4 million visitors came to Etsy; in May, 377.4 million; and in June, 373.3 million.
- In 2020, the Etsy online market spent $500.76 million on advertising.
- For each sale made as a result of an off-site advertisement, Etsy assesses a 12% to 15% fee to shop administrators.
- For an advertisement, the average Etsy merchant pays between $0.20 and $0.50 per click.
- In 2022, 3.3 million videos were added by Etsy vendors to their listings.
Once you have a product that you are happy with, you the need to centralize things to continue growth. – Mark Zuckerberg, Founder of Facebook
If your produtcts land on these categories, you are in for a treat:
- Personal accessories
- Bags and purses
- Craft supplies and collectibles
- Electronics and accessories
- Art and collectibles
- Home and living
- Bath and beauty
The percentage of global sellers in these categories ranged from 6% to 25%.
4. Sales and Revenue Stats
Lets see, what are the checkpoints that we cannot possibly miss regarding sales on Etsy:
- For the first quarter of 2022, Etsy’s revenue ranged between $565 million to $590 million.
- In 2021, regular Etsy users purchased an average of $200. Additionally, 26% more consumers returned in 2021 compared to the previous year.
- Etsy’s net income increased by 8.8% annually in 2021 to $162.2 million.
- Promoted listings, marketplace fees, and services provide up the majority of Etsy’s annual earnings. These charges come in the form of commission or transaction fees, listing fees for each product, and advertising and promotion expenses. The Etsy marketplace accounts for 75,53% of the company’s annual revenue.
5. Seller Stats
More than 200 countries, including the UK, Australia, and Canada, are home to Etsy merchants. However, US citizens made about 62% of vendors in 2022.
California is home to 14% of US Etsy vendors. 7% of people reside in Florida, 7% in New York, and 6% in Texas.
With 30% of all active Etsy sellers, the UK has the second-highest percentage behind the US.
Male and female Etsy sellers are both around 39 years old on average. These merchants are 86 percent female.
6. Web Stats
The Etsy mobile app has been downloaded by more than 80 million users.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, mobile device sales of Etsy’s gross goods grew to 65%. This figure increased from 63% and 64% in the first two and third quarters, respectively. Sixty-seven percent of mobile visits to Etsy are made on smartphones.
61%, or $6.27 billion yearly, of all Etsy product purchases are made through mobile transactions. Every month, the Etsy mobile app is used by over 32 million users.
Etsy has maintained a solid and loyal customer base, despite challenges from larger ecommerce corporations.
The company continues investing in new technology and marketing strategies to drive Etsy gross merchandise sales and profitability.
Overall, Etsy remains the most successful player in the online marketplace industry these days, at least for this niche.